Since November I had been having gallbladder attacks. It took them awhile to figure out what it was, they first told me I had a virus. Well, after a few trips to the ER the ultrasound finally showed that I had gallstones. Since I was pregnant there was nothing they could do until after the baby was born. The doctors said it would only get worse since the baby would get bigger and squish my gallbladder even more. They were right. It got a lot worse. I was having attacks no matter what I ate. Because all of this was going on I was really hoping and praying that this baby would come early. Dr. Beck, my OB, understood how miserable I was and told me if I didn't go into labor on my own he would induce me a week or two early.
I really did not want to be induced, so long story short prayers are answered! I had been having contractions, bleeding, etc. for about a week. Then on Saturday, April 21st the contractions kept getting stronger and closer together. That night we got everything clean and ready since we knew at some point we would be going to the hospital soon.
Finally about 1:15 am the contractions were 3 to 5 minutes apart. Brian decided he should probably call my mom to come over and stay with Andie so we could go to the hospital. Her first question when we called was are you sure you are in labor? I said yes I am sure I am in labor!! When we got the hospital they checked me and I was at a 6. I was relieved that I had already progressed that far. After awhile I was able to get my epidural, which felt a lot better and went really well compared to the one I had with Andie.
The nurse checked me again and I was at an 8. After about another half hour or so I told her I was feeling a lot of pressure and thought she should check me again. I was at a 10! They called Dr. Beck who happened to be the doctor on call that night. I was so glad he was going to be there! The nurses got everything ready and Dr. Beck was there within 10 minutes. He had to do an episiotomy and David was facing the wrong way so he had to turn him to face down. After 2 or 3 pushes he was here!
It was a wonderful delivery. I couldn't have asked for a better one. My mom said I deserved it since I had been through so much during the pregnancy. From the time we got the the hospital to the time he was born was only a few hours. Since it was so early in the morning we decided to wait to call everyone until it was a little later.
It was such a sweet experience for the both of us. It was so nice to be able to be relaxed and know what was going to happen and not be so stressed like we were with Andie's birth.
Here are some pictures from that day and a couple days after.
He was 7 pounds 5 ounces 22 inches long. He seemed so tiny, even though he weighed more than Andie did. We were happy to leave the hospital the next day.
We had a couple visitors come by. Here is Brandon and his two girls. Melissa was trying to take a picture for them so, she is missing from the picture.
Erin and her family came, but I can't find pictures of them with David. Most of my family was really sick with the stomach flu so they were not able to come.
The next week my wonderful Grandma Miller passed away. I was so sad I was not able to go up for the funeral. I really wanted to be there. She touched my life so much and will be greatly missed. I know she is happy to be with my Grandpa finally and I'm sure so many others were there to greet her for a fun reunion. Love and miss you Grandma!
We had a couple visitors come by. Here is Brandon and his two girls. Melissa was trying to take a picture for them so, she is missing from the picture.
Erin and her family came, but I can't find pictures of them with David. Most of my family was really sick with the stomach flu so they were not able to come.
The next week my wonderful Grandma Miller passed away. I was so sad I was not able to go up for the funeral. I really wanted to be there. She touched my life so much and will be greatly missed. I know she is happy to be with my Grandpa finally and I'm sure so many others were there to greet her for a fun reunion. Love and miss you Grandma!



No comments:
Post a Comment